Earlier, we let you know what happened over the first weekend of the special session. The last 24 hours of this year’s special session were crammed with action as the House sought to finish their work before the Senate was forced to come back Thursday shortly before noon.
NM Political Report was there from the beginning of the the special session last Friday, through the 21-hour House marathon that spanned from Wednesday morning to early Thursday morning and when the Senate adjourned sine die for the second time—this time putting an end to the chaotic special session.
Here are the stories from NM Political Report on from Wednesday and Thursday at the special session.
- Senate accepts House budget changes, ends special session
- House passes ‘sweeps’ bill to address budget deficit
- House sends death penalty reinstatement to the Senate
- House debates on whether to debate death penalty in the early, early morning
- Bill to slash budget passes House
- Critics use same arguments against corporate tax cuts, film incentives