NM Political Report is a non-profit public news outlet providing in depth and enterprise reporting on the people and politics across New Mexico.
As a not-for-profit entity, we can accomplish our mission to educate and inform through our own publication and by making our content available to other news outlets.
This is for most of our stories. Copyright stories must be cleared through NM Political Report before reprinting them and will likely come with a fee. These are generally the longer form investigative stories and those that NM Political Report partners with other outlets to report.
We occasionally republish stories from other news outlets, by permission. Obviously, those are not our stories so we can’t give you permission to run them so you’ll have to reach out to the original publisher for information on their policies.
If you wish to republish our content, go for it—just be nice about it. Here are a few simple rules for being nice when stealing our stuff:
- Stories must be used “as is,” except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” and “Albuquerque, N.M.” to “Albuquerque” or “here”).
- You have to credit us — ideally in the byline. We prefer “Author Name, NM Political Report.” If your CMS does not allow you to do this, please include a line at the top of the story that reads: “This story was originally published by NM Political Report, nmpoliticalreport.com.”
- Be judicious in your use of our stories. We reserve the right to object to the use of our work if our work provides a significant portion of your own content.
- For profit entities are welcome to use our work, but not if it becomes a significant portion of your profit base. We’re a non-profit for a reason. Please respect that.
- If you’re republishing online, you must link to us and to include all of the links from our story.
- You can’t sell our material separately or syndicate it.
- It’s okay to put our stories on pages with ads, but not ads specifically sold against our stories. You can’t state or imply that donations to your organization support NM Political Report’s work.
- You can’t republish our material wholesale, or automatically; you need to select stories to be republished individually. You can’t use our work to populate a web site designed to improve rankings on search engines, or solely to gain revenue from network-based advertisements.
- Images that are credited to a NM Political Report staff member can be used with credit to both the photographer and NM Political Report; those credited as “CC” are Creative Commons and some may not be able to be used for commercial purposes.
- Video stories can be used online, but must include the text that goes along with the video portion.
- Any web site our stories appear on must include a prominent and effective way to contact you.
- Please let us know if you are using our stories so we can say thanks.
Questions? Contact our editor, Matthew Reichbach at matthew[at]nmpoliticalreport.com.