Translates original New Mexico Political Report stories from English to Spanish for publication in on our website and in Spanish-language media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive stories from Editor to translate to Spanish for publication
- Submit one originally reported Spanish-language story or reported column per week
- Revise work to meet editorial approval if needed by Spanish-language media.
- Complete assignments in a timely matter, on an agreed-upon deadline.
- Complete longer and feature stories on a regular basis.
- Text is in the agreed-upon editorial style and format.
- May make media appearances on television or radio programs to discuss stories.
- Working non-traditional hours to complete stories.
- Must abide by the Society for Professional Journalists Code of Ethics.
Minimum Job Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in Spanish or journalism or equivalent work experience in written Spanish-language media organizations.
- Knowledge of journalism principles and techniques.
- Ability to utilize WordPress and other online resources
- Basic familiarity with Google Drive and Google Documents.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, though fieldwork and travel may be required depending on the story being covered.
Scope of Work:
Will require up to ten hours of work per week at $12.00 per hour. The work will be on a contract basis. Included in those ten hours is attendance of one weekly meeting, which will last approximately one hour.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so don’t delay. Please submit your resume, published writing sample in English and Spanish and a brief cover letter or email to: editor[at]nmpoliticalreport.com