New Mexicans now have a lot more places to vote early.
This Saturday, early voting expanded to more locations. Previously, you could only vote early at your county clerk’s offices.
Check out your county clerk website to see where early voting locations are open.
This is the short version of the weekly Elections Roundup. If you want the full version in your inbox each Tuesday, sign up for free.
If you like our work at NM Political Report, like our page on Facebook! And leave a review to let people why you read our news stories. It helps draw more people to our site, which means more people reading stories not reported anywhere else.
- The three Democrats seeking the party’s nomination for governor attended a televised debate on Sunday. The Albuquerque Journal and Santa Fe New Mexican recapped the event.
- The New Mexico SAFE Coalition, which aims a criminal justice reform, released the answers to surveys from four gubernatorial candidates.
- The Santa Fe New Mexican profiled Michelle Lujan Grisham in its series of stories on the Democratic gubernatorial candidates.
- CNN profiled Lujan Grisham as well, focusing on her vocal opposition to Trump on immigration.
- Democratic candidates for governor Jeff Apodaca, Joseph Cervantes and Lujan Grisham spoke to KSFR’s Tom Trowbridge last week. The public radio station is based in the Santa Fe area—one of the key areas for the Democratic primary.
- Roll Call changed its rating of the 2nd Congressional District race from “Likely Republican” to “Leans Republican.” This means that voters favor Republican candidates, but they don’t have a sure win.
The change was one of 19 moves the Washington D.C. political newspaper announced last week. All the changes gave Democrats a better chance of winning.
- New Mexico state Rep. Yvette Herrell got the support of the National Rifle Association, Herrell is seeking the Republican nomination in the state’s 2nd Congressional District and faces former Republican state party chair Monty Newman and former Trump administration official Gavin Clarkson.
“I am honored to have the support of the National Rifle Association,” said Herrell. “I am proud of my record defending the 2nd Amendment and will continue working to protect our gun rights. Many liberal Democrats are working to take away our gun rights, and we need strong leadership in Congress to fight on behalf of all New Mexican and American gun owners.”
- KRWG spoke to Clarkson last week.
Reminder, this is the truncated version of the weekly Elections Roundup. If you want the full version in your inbox each Tuesday, sign up for free below.