We’re almost there to the end of the week.
If you have anything to add for future days, go ahead and email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see about adding it.
1. Legislative Finance Committee meeting hits Day Four
If you want to see talk about education—which makes up a huge chunk of the state’s budget—then today is your day.
Hanna Skandera will take up the morning portion from 9:00 a.m. to noon (though it could go longer). After a lunch break from noon to 1:00 p.m., the committee will hear from the heads of the Department of Transportation and the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department. Then, the committee will hear about the executive compensation report.
The meeting wraps up tomorrow with a short session, where the committee will hear an update on capital outlay/
2. Pearce looking for spot on key committee
Republican members of the House will decide who gets a spot on the influential House Steering Committee today. Rep. Steve Pearce, New Mexico’s lone Republican member of the delegation, is hoping for a spot.
The committee determines committee membership, including who chairs the committees.
Politico said that the votes will be a look at the influence of the House Freedom Caucus, a very conservative bloc of Republicans, on the Republican caucus.
3. Best places to work awards
It looks like there’s another awards luncheon for local businesses, this one over what is the best place to work.
The folks over at Albuquerque Business First will host it in Albuquerque at the Hotel Albuquerque. Personally, I like the place I work.
Did you miss something yesterday?
- 2015 Recap: March sees Griego resign, session end
- Dems go on attack over REAL ID
- Lawmakers protect title loan firms while borrowers pay sky-high interest rates
- Udall, Dems spar with Cruz over climate change
- Senate passes NCLB overhaul with NM Senators’ support